Safety – Seclusion – Serenity
We will be offering the same peace and tranquility that our guests have come to expect from us over the years. However, due to the global COVID-19 pandemic, we have made a number of mandated changes to our operating procedures to ensure that both you as our guests, and ourselves as your hosts, remain safe and healthy throughout your stay.
Changes to Our Services
- We will welcome you with contactless check-in/check out. On the day before your arrival, we will charge the full amount of your stay to the credit card provided, or we can arrange an e-transfer if you prefer.
- Daily housekeeping will not be available – we are prohibited from entering guest rooms during your stay. On stays, over 3 nights we will deliver fresh linens to your door, on request.
- Hot tubs will be closed until further notice.
- Self-catered breakfast items for the length of your stay are provided in your suite, including:
- Stocked fridge with fruit and dairy products
- Homemade granola
- Breads & fresh baking basket
- Coffee, teas, hot chocolate
- Books, magazines, DVD’s, CD’s and games will be unavailable
Please contact us by text on 250-266-0255 if you require extra breakfast items, amenities or linens during your stay.
In this “new age” of travel, we are operating under the guidelines of the BC Ministry of Health and the Centre for Disease Control.
Questions We Must Ask Before We Confirm Your Booking
- Do any members of your party have the following symptoms of COVID-19:
- Fever, cough, difficulty breathing, diminished taste or smell, runny nose, fatigue or malaise, sore throat, muscle or body aches?
- Has any member of your party had contact with a confirmed or possible case of COVID-19 in the past 21 days?
- Has anyone in your party travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days or had contact with anyone that has just returned to Canada from abroad?
Supporting the Local Community During Your Stay
All local businesses operate according to COVID-19 protocols. To support our local businesses, find out about their operating hours and shopping procedures by contacting Tourism Ucluelet and the Chamber of Commerce.
To help us all remain safe and healthy, please:
- Maintain physical distancing of 6ft or 2m at all times in businesses, on beaches, on trails, public spaces and sidewalks
- Respect individual businesses protocols
- Wash hands regularly and be mindful of surfaces that you are touching
- If you develop any COVID-19 symptoms, call 811 to speak to a nurse at HeathLink BC for advice and let us know immediately by text message.
COVID-19 Resources for More Information
- Destination BC
- Tourism Vancouver Island
- District of Ucluelet COVID-19 Updates
- Tourism Ucluelet
- Ucluelet Chamber of Commerce
Be Calm – Be Kind – Be Safe
Thank you for helping us to maintain a safe and healthy visitor experience,
Your Reef Point Oceanfront B&B Hosts,
Brian and Dian McCreary